English | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | 한국어

Central

  
  Title
Statue of Iekuni Togashi
The Togashi Clan had its base around the middle basin of the Takahashi River. It is said that the residence of the head of the clan was established in Nonoichi in 1063. In 1988, a bronze statue of Iek...
 
Fujimura Rihei Ou Shotokuhi
Rihei Fujimura served as a member of the prefectural assembly and Mayor of Nonoichi Village during the Meiji Period (1868-1912). He also established the first electric company in Kanazawa City, and bu...
 
Ougigaoka Yagurada Sites
The Ougigaoka Yagurada Sites date from the middle of 12th to the early 13th century. Sites of 25 homes with posts dug into the ground were found. They are thought to have been built over a short perio...
 
Ougigaoka Hawaigoku Sites
The Ougigaoka Yagurada Sites date from the middle of 12th to the early 13th century. Sites of 25 homes with posts dug into the ground were found. They are thought to have been built over a short perio...
 
Ougigaoka Gosho Sites
The Ougigaoka Yagurada Sites date from the middle of 12th to the early 13th century. Sites of 25 homes with posts dug into the ground were found. They are thought to have been built over a short perio...
 
Takahashi Sebone Sites
The Takahashi Sebone Sites contain a settlement dating from the 2nd and 3rd centuries. Excavation was carried out between 1990 and 1991, when 16 tateana (pit-type) dwellings and 5 homes with posts dug...
 
Former Site of the Shuri Matsukawa Residence
The former site of the residence of Shuri Matsukawa, a vassal who served Masachika Togashi.
 
Former Site of the Yamago Mikawanokami Residence
It is thought that present-day Yamago Town in Kanazawa City was the location of the base for the Yamago Clan, an offshoot from the Togashi Clan. The owner of the residence was Takafuji Yamago who serv...
 
Former Site of Marksmanship Training Building
This is the site of the former marksmanship training building that farmers used between 1866 and 1869. The building is thought to have measured about 16m x 8m.
 
Ishikawa Railway Line
Hoping to push industrial development in the mountainous areas forward, a number of residents established Ishikawa Electric Railroad Co., Ltd. (Ishikawa Denki Tetsudo) in 1914.
Fifty-five reside...
 
Stone Monument at the Former Site of the Togashi Residence
The Togashi Residence was home to the head of the Togashi Clan over the generations. The surrounding area was the center of politics and economy for the Kaga Region at that time. The precise location ...
 
Hokuroku Road (Hokkoku Road)
Hokkoku Road was the main road running through the Hokuriku Region. It was called Hokuroku Road before and during the Edo Period (1603-1868).
Hokkoku Road ran along the present-day Hon-machi Str...
 
Former Site of Nojisha (Experimental Farm)
In 1876, Hidenao Sugie established the experimental farm, "Nojisha," to promote agricultural improvement utilizing the methods used in Europe and U.S. with the thought that promoting local agriculture...
 
Former Site of the Togashi Residence
The Togashi Clan had its base around the middle basin of the Takahashi River in present-day Nonoichi City. It is said that the Togashi Clan established the residence in Nonoichi in 1063. After the Jok...
 
Hakusan Shrine
Hakusan Shrine was established in 987 or 988 and protected Kitayokonomiya (present-day Nukashin-machi in Kanazawa City and the northern area of Hon-machi 2-chome in Nonoichi City). The main hall was l...
 
Kitayokonomiya
Hakusan Shrine was established in 987 or 988 and protected Kitayokonomiya (present-day Nukashin-machi in Kanazawa City and the northern area of Hon-machi 2-chome in Nonoichi City). The main hall was l...
 
Former Site of Shokin Horse Tramway Line
In 1904, Shokin Horse Tramway Line (Shokin Basha Tetsudo) began operation from present-day Tono Town in Hakusan City to Arimatsu in Kanazawa City via Nonoichi City. In 1916, the line was converted to ...
 
Former Site of Nonoichi Jinjo Koto Shogakko (Elementary School)
In 1872, the new Education Act came into force and schools were built nationwide. In 1873, Nonoichi Village Elementary School was established. At first, the school opened in a home. In the following y...
 
Sumiyoshi-no-miya
Sumiyoshi-no-miya (Nunoichi Shrine) was originally named Togashi-go Hachiman Shrine, which protected the area of present-day Hon-machi 2 and 3-chome.
In 1914, Shojitsu Hachiman Shrine, which prot...
 
Monument to Togashi Clan
Located on the right side of Nunoichi Shrine gate, this monument was built in 1889 by Iyomon Mimo, a leading farmer in Nonoichi Village. Over 500 years of Togashi Clan history are inscribed on the sto...
 
Former Site of the Takanobu Kimura Residence
Takanobu Kimura was Shigenari Kimura's uncle. Shigenari was a vassal of Nobunaga Oda, the powerful samurai warlord of Japan in the late 16th century. Takanobu was also married to the daughter of Uemon...
 
A Large Ginkgo Tree
This is a very large ginkgo tree. Standing 20m tall and measuring 5m around, it is estimated to be approximately 500 years old. This tree is said to be a marker of the grave for Takanobu Kimura, who b...
 
Shogoin Doko Kahi
Doko, a priest at Shogoin Temple in Kyoto and leader of Yamabushi (Buddhist priests practicing asceticism in the mountains), composed a poem when he passed Nonoichi Village in 1486. This stone monumen...
 
Rain Prayer Stone
This stone was originally at Shojitsu Hachiman Shrine. During the Edo Period (1603-1868), the area suffered a water shortage due to dry weather; but when people carried this stone and walked around th...
 
Wakizashi
There are three swords housed at Nunoichi Shrine. One is this short sword that has the name Nobunaga engraved on it. It is 47.8 cm long, 2.8 cm wide, and has a 0.6 cm curve. In the late 15th century, ...
 
Former Site of a Horse Market
Nonoichi was the first post town on Hokkoku Road from Kanazawa Castle to Kyoto. Post horses used to transport commodities were stationed in Nonoichi. There is a document stating that Nonoichi post tow...
 
Mimo Family Residence
*This residence is not usually open to the general public because it is a private home.
The Mimo family residence has a traditional Japanese architectural feature known as "tsuma-iri" (an entranc...
 
Sennyo Shonin Shosoku
Sennyo was the 13th chief priest at Higashi Honganji Temple at the beginning of the 17th century. He worked to develop the temple.
This document details important points for Buddhist ceremonies ...
 
Shodaiji Temple
According to historical documents, Shodaiji Temple was established in 1331 by Shukaku, the son of Shakunyo, the 5th chief priest of Honganji Temple. There is also a document stating that Gyojo, the gr...
 
Kenson Shonin Shosoku
The priest Kenson was the second son of Kennyo, the 11th chief priest of Honganji temple. He fought against Nobunaga Oda during the Ishiyama Honganji War between 1570 and 1580.
This document is ...
 
Former Nonoichi Area
The name Nonoichi first appeared in the Sannomiya Koki, which was written in 1312 and housed at Shirayama Hime Shrine. Governor (shugo) Togashi used this area as a base to control Kaga Province. The r...
 
Nonoichi Mura Muragoin
This is the Nonoichi Mura Muragoin (the Nonoichi Village Land Tax Notification) issued in 1670, which lists the details of taxation. It lists 3,334 koku (kusadaka: total rice production), and a 53% me...
 
Nonoichi Jonkara (Nonoichi Dance)
Nonoichi Jonkara is a bon festival dance handed down in the Hon-machi area from olden times. It was performed on August 14 and 15 in the past. At present, it is performed during the Nonoichi Jonkara F...
 
Shishimai (Lion Dance) in Hon-machi Area
The lion dance in the Hon-machi area is performed as part of a parade throughout the town at the autumn festival held by Nunoichi Shrine in mid-October each year. The lion dance in the Kaga region exp...
 
Portable Shrine Decorated with Vegetables
The portable shrine decorated with vegetables is carried in a parade throughout the Hon-machi area during the autumn festival of Nunoichi Shrine held in the mid-October.
As the name implies, thi...
 
Road-Origin Marker
Road-origin markers indicate the origin of or passing points on the road. In 1873, the national government ordered each prefectural government to place origin markers on major roads. The origin of mea...
 
Kita Family Residence
Contact: Kita Family Residence TEL: 076-248-1131
Days Closed: None
Hours of Operation: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Admission Fees: 400 yen for adults 200 yen for children

The Kita F...
 
A Letter from Toshinaga Maeda
Toshinaga Maeda was born in 1562, the first son of Toshiie Maeda. After the Battle of Sekigahara in 1600, Toshinaga established Kaga Domain, which covered an extremely large area through the integrati...
 
A Letter from Toshitsune Maeda
Toshitsune Maeda was the fourth son of Toshiie Maeda, founder of Kaga Domain. When the feudal lord Toshinaga Maeda retired in 1605, Toshitsune succeeded him.
Toshitsune made a major contribution...
 
Former Site of Temma Toiya
Nonoichi in Edo Period (1603-1868) was the first post town on Hokkoku Road from Kanazawa Castle to Kyoto.
Temma toiya provided horses and handlers to transport official travelers and luggage. Th...
 
Shukuokuri Ninsoku Temma no Sho
This is an order issued by Kaga Domain to each post town in the domain territory, including Nonoichi, in 1615. It announced the requirement for official permission to engage horses and handlers, and i...
 
Former Uozumi Family Residence
Contact: Nonoichi History Museum TEL: 076-246-2672
Days Closed: Mondays (If the Monday is a national holiday, the following day)/ the day following a national holiday (excluding Saturdays and ...
 
Former Site of the Court
This is the place where cases were heard. Before and during the Taisho Period (1912-1926), when a crime was committed in this village, officers were dispatched from Kanazawa to investigate.
 
Former Site of the Koroageba
There was a wood collection area on Hokkoku Road along the Koro River. Lumber was transported on the river to this area, collected and stored. The storage area was called a doba. It covered an area of...