English | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | 한국어
  • Main
  • Classification
  • Monuments

Search - Monuments

( Monuments ) 14 found.
  Title
A Monument of Honor for Hibikimasu, Sekiwake (a high sumo rank)
Hibikimasu was a sumo wrestler born in Oshino Village in 1859 (birth name, Ichitaro Shimizu). He was 180 cm tall and weighed 135 kg. With his well-built body, he was a strong and skilled athlete who attained the rank of Sekiwake in 1892. He retired f...
Stone Statue of Fudaishi
Fudaishi was a Chinese Buddhist monk (497-569) who created Rinzo, the rotating containers for Kyoten, or Buddhist scripture. In later days, a statue of Fudaishi was placed in a scripture house (kyozo) as a guardian. This stone statue was carved by Ta...
Statue of Iekuni Togashi
The Togashi Clan had its base around the middle basin of the Takahashi River. It is said that the residence of the head of the clan was established in Nonoichi in 1063. In 1988, a bronze statue of Iekuni Togashi and a monument to the history of the c...
Fujimura Rihei Ou Shotokuhi
Rihei Fujimura served as a member of the prefectural assembly and Mayor of Nonoichi Village during the Meiji Period (1868-1912). He also established the first electric company in Kanazawa City, and built electric rice mills in Nonoichi Village. He co...
Stone Monument at the Former Site of the Togashi Residence
The Togashi Residence was home to the head of the Togashi Clan over the generations. The surrounding area was the center of politics and economy for the Kaga Region at that time. The precise location of the residence had been unknown for a long perio...
Hokuroku Road (Hokkoku Road)
Hokkoku Road was the main road running through the Hokuriku Region. It was called Hokuroku Road before and during the Edo Period (1603-1868). Hokkoku Road ran along the present-day Hon-machi Street, facing the Kita Family Residence and Nunoichi Shri...
Monument to Togashi Clan
Located on the right side of Nunoichi Shrine gate, this monument was built in 1889 by Iyomon Mimo, a leading farmer in Nonoichi Village. Over 500 years of Togashi Clan history are inscribed on the stone, from founder Tadayori to Masachika, who commit...
Shogoin Doko Kahi
Doko, a priest at Shogoin Temple in Kyoto and leader of Yamabushi (Buddhist priests practicing asceticism in the mountains), composed a poem when he passed Nonoichi Village in 1486. This stone monument is inscribed with the poem. Written in the poem...
Rain Prayer Stone
This stone was originally at Shojitsu Hachiman Shrine. During the Edo Period (1603-1868), the area suffered a water shortage due to dry weather; but when people carried this stone and walked around the town, it started raining. It was named the rain ...
Road-Origin Marker
Road-origin markers indicate the origin of or passing points on the road. In 1873, the national government ordered each prefectural government to place origin markers on major roads. The origin of measurement in Ishikawa Prefecture was set at an inte...
Gikai Tettsu Final Resting Place
This is the final resting place of Daijoji Temple founder Gikai Tettsu. Measuring 67cm high, 33cm wide, and 24cm thick, this natural stone is inscribed with the words, "Daijoji Temple Founding Priest." Tettsu was born in what is now Fukui C...
Ontokuhi
Iyomon Mimo was born in Nonoichi Village in 1815. He taught reading, writing, and arithmetic to farmers in the neighborhood, and used his money to help reclaim wasteland and copses. Taheiji Village was very poor and petitioned the ruling domain for ...
Historical Monument of Nonoichi Station
After the Pacific War, Hokuriku Line (railway) became electric. In 1957, people started a movement to build a train station in Nonoichi. In 1959, town associations in Nonoichi got together and submitted a request to Kanazawa Railway Bureau to build t...
Isson Isshin Hi
In the midst of an economic recession due to the Showa financial crisis, the Japanese government designated Tomioku village a "financial rehabilitation village" in 1932. Under the slogan, "Village Residents Pulling Together," Tomi...