English | 中文(简体) | 中文(繁體) | 한국어

Search - Stone

( Stone ) 44 found.
  Title
Koanken Temple
Koanken Temple was built in 1350 by Takayasu Togashi, and was dedicated to Sotetsu Meiho, the fourth chief priest of Daijoji Temple. In 1915, during cultivation of the land said to be the burial mount of the founder of Daijoji Temple, Gikai Tettsu, ...
Oshikoshi
The name Oshikoshi is first seen in Shoho Gocho, a book of village yields recorded by the Kaga Domain in the mid-17th century. According to Goto Clan documents, katauri (a type of melon) and eggplant were the major products of the region. Hakusan Sh...
Noshiro
Earthenware uncovered in Noshiro that dates back 3000 years ago shows people lived in the area from ancient times. There were two mounds in Noshiro constructed with river stones. These were called Niso-no-tsuka. Although we cannot identify these moun...
Nagaike
The Kaganokuni Ishikawagun Sonshi (History of Villages in Ishikawa County, Kaga Province) describes the origin of Nagaike Village's name. It describes the village as being long from north to south, with more dwellings seen in the south, on land that ...
Kyozuka (Sutra Mound)
Kyozuka were mounds built and used over a long period of time to store sutras to be passed down to later generations. This was begun at the end of 12th century. By the beginning of the 17th century, reki-ishi kyozuka (mounds made with small stones)...
Stone Statue of Fudaishi
Fudaishi was a Chinese Buddhist monk (497-569) who created Rinzo, the rotating containers for Kyoten, or Buddhist scripture. In later days, a statue of Fudaishi was placed in a scripture house (kyozo) as a guardian. This stone statue was carved by Ta...
Tsukagoshi Festival
This kyozuka (Sutra mound) is also called Tsukagoshiyama mound. There is a small shrine that houses a stone statue of Fudaishi. During the Tsukagoshiyama mound festival held each year on February 15, the door of the small shrine opens. February 15 wa...
Okyozuka Sites
Okyozuka Sites are from a circular settlement measuring 200m in diameter that existed between 3,700 and 2,500 years ago. Excavation in 1956 found sites where stone gyobutsu (Imperial treasures) were buried. Earthenware excavated in this area establi...
Artifacts Excavated from Okyozuka Sites in Ishikawa Prefecture
Artifacts excavated from Okyozuka Sites in Ishikawa Prefecture include Important Cultural Properties, totaling 4,219 items including 542 earthenware and clay products, 3,642 stoneware and stone products, 23 incomplete sites of born tools, 12 incomple...
Fujimura Rihei Ou Shotokuhi
Rihei Fujimura served as a member of the prefectural assembly and Mayor of Nonoichi Village during the Meiji Period (1868-1912). He also established the first electric company in Kanazawa City, and built electric rice mills in Nonoichi Village. He co...
Ougigaoka Yagurada Sites
The Ougigaoka Yagurada Sites date from the middle of 12th to the early 13th century. Sites of 25 homes with posts dug into the ground were found. They are thought to have been built over a short period of time. The largest known building from the e...
Ougigaoka Hawaigoku Sites
The Ougigaoka Yagurada Sites date from the middle of 12th to the early 13th century. Sites of 25 homes with posts dug into the ground were found. They are thought to have been built over a short period of time. The largest known building from the e...
Ougigaoka Gosho Sites
The Ougigaoka Yagurada Sites date from the middle of 12th to the early 13th century. Sites of 25 homes with posts dug into the ground were found. They are thought to have been built over a short period of time. The largest known building from the e...
Takahashi Sebone Sites
The Takahashi Sebone Sites contain a settlement dating from the 2nd and 3rd centuries. Excavation was carried out between 1990 and 1991, when 16 tateana (pit-type) dwellings and 5 homes with posts dug into the ground were uncovered. The middle of the...
Stone Monument at the Former Site of the Togashi Residence
The Togashi Residence was home to the head of the Togashi Clan over the generations. The surrounding area was the center of politics and economy for the Kaga Region at that time. The precise location of the residence had been unknown for a long perio...
Former Site of Nonoichi Jinjo Koto Shogakko (Elementary School)
In 1872, the new Education Act came into force and schools were built nationwide. In 1873, Nonoichi Village Elementary School was established. At first, the school opened in a home. In the following year, a school facility was built. In 1892, the sch...
Monument to Togashi Clan
Located on the right side of Nunoichi Shrine gate, this monument was built in 1889 by Iyomon Mimo, a leading farmer in Nonoichi Village. Over 500 years of Togashi Clan history are inscribed on the stone, from founder Tadayori to Masachika, who commit...
Shogoin Doko Kahi
Doko, a priest at Shogoin Temple in Kyoto and leader of Yamabushi (Buddhist priests practicing asceticism in the mountains), composed a poem when he passed Nonoichi Village in 1486. This stone monument is inscribed with the poem. Written in the poem...
Rain Prayer Stone
This stone was originally at Shojitsu Hachiman Shrine. During the Edo Period (1603-1868), the area suffered a water shortage due to dry weather; but when people carried this stone and walked around the town, it started raining. It was named the rain ...
Mimo Family Residence
*This residence is not usually open to the general public because it is a private home. The Mimo family residence has a traditional Japanese architectural feature known as "tsuma-iri" (an entrance on the gable side), which is often seen in ...
Gikai Tettsu Final Resting Place
This is the final resting place of Daijoji Temple founder Gikai Tettsu. Measuring 67cm high, 33cm wide, and 24cm thick, this natural stone is inscribed with the words, "Daijoji Temple Founding Priest." Tettsu was born in what is now Fukui C...
Taheiji
The place name, Taheiji, is from the temple that Gen-I Fushaku, a senior disciple of Sotetsu Meiho and the 4th chief priest of Daijoji Temple, established in the area. The road running through the area from north to south is called Taheiji Kaido (Ta...
Ontokuhi
Iyomon Mimo was born in Nonoichi Village in 1815. He taught reading, writing, and arithmetic to farmers in the neighborhood, and used his money to help reclaim wasteland and copses. Taheiji Village was very poor and petitioned the ruling domain for ...
Takara no Tama no Zu
Kame no Ji was drawn by Nariyasu Maeda when he was 5 years old, and Saru no E was drawn by him when he was 7 years old. Takara no Tama no Zu was drawn by him in 1877. The back of the top of the box shows that this was housed at Kosho Hachiman Shrine....
Tori-I
The Tomuro stone gate was moved to Tokumoto Village at the same time Hachiman Shrine at Kanaya Palace was moved. It is partially broken. "September 1863" is engraved on one of the gate's pillars. The other pillar shows that Tomoko, wife of ...
Sanja no Dai Gaku
The Tomuro stone gate was moved to Tokumoto Village at the same time Hachiman Shrine at Kanaya Palace was moved. It is partially broken. "September 1863" is engraved on one of the gate's pillars. The other pillar shows that Tomoko, wife of ...
Former Site of Go Elementary School
Go Elementary School was built in Tanaka Village in 1876. After the Pacific War in 1947, a junior high school was attached to the elementary school. In 1951, the junior high school was moved to Matto Town. In 1962, Go Elementary School became a part ...
Small Wooden Shrine
The small wooden shrine has a 1.25m-wide roof, 0.76m-wide main body, and stands 0.8m high with a lacquered pedestal. This precious small shrine was built at the end of the Edo Period (1603-1868). It was repaired along with the new establishment of Ku...
Stone Statue of Sanno Gongen God
The small wooden shrine has a 1.25m-wide roof, 0.76m-wide main body, and stands 0.8m high with a lacquered pedestal. This precious small shrine was built at the end of the Edo Period (1603-1868). It was repaired along with the new establishment of Ku...
Sanno Aramiya Sites
The Sanno Toheidagoshi Sites are from settlements dating from the 14th and 15th centuries. Homes with posts dug into the ground, and tateana pit-type sites were found. Many ceramics and Haji Ware such as Suzu-yaki ware pots produced in the area that ...
Sanno Toheidagoshi Sites
The Sanno Toheidagoshi Sites are from settlements dating from the 14th and 15th centuries. Homes with posts dug into the ground, and tateana pit-type sites were found. Many ceramics and Haji Ware such as Suzu-yaki ware pots produced in the area that ...
Sanno Nishiyosa Sites
The Sanno Toheidagoshi Sites are from settlements dating from the 14th and 15th centuries. Homes with posts dug into the ground, and tateana pit-type sites were found. Many ceramics and Haji Ware such as Suzu-yaki ware pots produced in the area that ...
Kiyokane
The name of Kiyokane Village appeared in a letter to a vassal written by the feudal lord Toshiie Maeda in 1599. This area was known for its watermelon production in the Showa Period (1926-1989). The legend of the God of Stone has been passed down in...
Former Site of Tomioku Elementary School
Tomioku Elementary School opened in 1902. In 1910, a higher elementary school was added. After the Pacific War, it was separated into Tomioku Elementary School and Junior High School in accordance with the Basic Act on Education. Along with the merge...
Isson Isshin Hi
In the midst of an economic recession due to the Showa financial crisis, the Japanese government designated Tomioku village a "financial rehabilitation village" in 1932. Under the slogan, "Village Residents Pulling Together," Tomi...
Shishimai (Lion Dance) in Nakabayashi
The lion dance in Nakabayashi is thought to have been choreographed around 1890. The sword-dance section was taught by Seitaro Nishimura, who had a swordsmanship school in the area. Seitaro was born in Nakabayashi in 1869, and opened his school in Ji...
Kambayashi Burial Mound
Kambayashi burial mound was found at the west end of Kambayashi Shinjo Sites in 1991. While the grave mounds and internal structures had been destroyed, the lower masonry in the horizontal stone chamber used for burials remained. The stone chamber ...
Former site of the Hayashi Clan Residence in Kamishinjo
Until the middle of the 19th century, clay walls remained. It has been said that if someone digs into a stone mound made in the Stone Age, a violent rainstorm will arise.
Shinjo
In 1345, Takauji Ashikaga, founder of the Ashikaga Shogunate, assigned Ujiharu Togashi as Jito, (medieval land steward) to the area. This area was called Togashi Shinjo at that time. The current area name, Shinjo, is thought to have come from this ol...
Shinjo
In 1345, Takauji Ashikaga, founder of Ashikaga Shogunate, assigned Ujiharu Togashi as Jito, (medieval land steward) to the area. The current area name, Shinjo, is thought to have come from this old name. It was merged into Nonoichi Town in 1955. Thi...
Shimoshinjo Tanakada Sites
The Shimoshinjo Tanakada Sites were excavated in 1994. The excavation uncovered three tateana (pit-type) dwellings and four homes with posts dug into the ground. However, the excavated area was the outer edge of the settlement, and the center of the ...
Shimoshinjo Arachi Sites
The Shimoshinjo Tanakada Sites were excavated in 1994. The excavation uncovered three tateana (pit-type) dwellings and four homes with posts dug into the ground. However, the excavated area was the outer edge of the settlement, and the center of the ...
Stone Lanterns at Toyoda Hiyoshi Shrine
A pair of stone lanterns sits in front of Toyoda Hiyoshi Shrine. Letters inscribed on the lanterns show that they were donated by a samurai of the Kaga Domain in 1695. The names of nine other people were also inscribed on the lanterns, which mean tha...
Awada Sites
The Awada Sites date from the late Jomon Period (approx. 3,000 years ago) to the early 18th century. They spread about 600m from north to south, and 500m from east to west. No homes from the Jomon Period were found; however, straw rope-patterned pott...